CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Shingles and Painkillers Mixed With The Amish, OH MY!







Well... I have decided to restart my blog. I have decided to write because..well... if other people can write about their mundane lives I can too! I have interesting stories and I think I can entertain the masses just as good as anyone else!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think I'll post about my day and tell you all a funny story from my past at the end of each post... yes... that will do!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Monday night I came down with a very bad case of shingles... I have had them before (4 times) but this has been the worst case by far...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday (Wednesday) I went to work briefly (when I got to work I was O.K.) but my eye started to droop... then my mouth... then my nose... and I basically looked like my face was paralyzed on the left side.My co-workers were kinda freaked out about my rapid degeneration and made me go to the doctor (thank you!) So I held it together at work brushing it off like it was no big deal (even though I felt like I was dying and my eyeball was about to implode) and as soon as I got into the car the waterworks came. It hurt so damn bad! This has been the worst case I have had by far, I have had to take off time from work (at least 3 days) and have had to go on painkillers (which is something I don't like). Last night I was awake for over half the night, I felt like I couldn't breathe, my throat kept swelling, my ear (which is where it started) was throbbing inside and out... I am a miserable SOB right now. I woke up at 6:30 am (the norm for me) but have been in a half comatose state. Anyways I just needed a place to bitch!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


On with the funny story!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
August 12th to 20th, 2001 Age: 16 Place: Granny's place in Amishville...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In 2001 I was defiantly a looker, skinny, big boobs, I looked great... man those were the days. Well In August I decided to stay with my Granny in Amishville, Northern Ontario. Population...6? haha well maybe a bit more then that! All "city by-laws" were approved by not the city council but the town council. (I always imagined that if you violated the by-laws you would be thrown in the stocks so people could whip rotten tomatoes at you.. anyways on with the story!) There were only 3 entertaining stores in the town, the grocery store, the magic shop and the feed store. The magic shop was closed half the time, there was only so much bread I needed to buy so that left the feed store. They had a wide selection of different cat foods (Granny had 3 cats at the time) so I would go down and buy a sample and browse for a few hours. BOOORING! Anyways this town was full of the Amish. There was one Amish boy (maybe 18?) The reason why I call him a "boy" was because he had no beard meaning he wasn't married. So he was always there at the feed store the same time I was. I started to talk to him (...a mistake on my behalf...) you know the usually teenage talk on my end: how's it going? Where you from? from him: Read any good bible passages lately? So it basically progressed from chat to conversion... I was sick of it, I didn't want to go to the feed store so much but Granny would send me to get this or that... I couldn't say no! Eventually it got to be a bit too much near the end of my one week stay with Granny with Amishboy (his name was Jacob *I kid you not!!*) He asked me if he could call on me while I was staying with my Granny (who is Johovah's Witness... would not mix well with another religion) by this time I was fed up with his constant bible blather so I took out a piece of paper from my purse, wrote "my" phone number on it and told him that he could phone me anytime! I acted extremely dippy while I did it and walked away with the guy running the feed store busting a gut in the background. I wonder what was going through poor Amishboy's head when I did it... Anyways true story!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I'm going to bed... see ya!



0 comments: